Stop being victims of people taking advantage of you
Life is Beautiful! You live life only once. Nobody can live your Life except You then Why waste it on being victims of people using you in one or the other way.
It hurts badly, right? When you come to know that the person you value the most is taking advantage of you.
Do you know the difference between being NICE and Too NICE?
Being NICE is an alluring human trait, but being too nice can have a long-lasting negative impact on one’s life. People often mistake the word “HELP”. They try to be overly nice by helping others and become a target of emotional and physical abuse. They run at the call of everyone by keeping their personal needs aside and thus are easily disrespected for being too kind.
Know how to be wise with the people who take advantage of your kindness with the following tips:
- Be consistent and set boundaries: Set your limits on what you can or can’t do for others. Make a note of all your personal boundaries. Pen down what makes you feel uncomfortable, hurt and disrespected so that when somebody gets to that limit next time, you cease offering your generosity to them.
- Speak up and learn to say No: It’s hard for people who practice generosity to say ‘NO’. When people know that you are generous, they will be constantly at the back of you for their endless needs. Know that you and only you have control over your life and not others. Identify such people and don’t give yourself into their manipulative games. You too have your own life and let them know it. Never underestimate yourself by saying you have been selfish for saying ‘No’. You have the choice and the power to say no to those who are ready to abuse you for your kindness.
- Be nice but assertive and prudent: Be confident and strong when you interact with the people who take advantage of you. Don’t make any room for them to shake your confidence but let your words be up to the point and simple. People deceive easily by quickly interpreting your body language, so act wisely and don’t let them take control of your situation.
- Protect your integrity: There are times when the other person doesn’t want to negotiate or compromise but have the power over the situation, don’t feel bad, don’t yell, rant, or rave to gain the power. Be the person with integrity while you take the higher road the things will fall on your side.
- Forgive to have peace of mind: We all are hurt and wounded by others at some point in life. We believe a myth that people don’t deserve our forgiveness and we bear a lot of grudge and bitterness. Forgiveness is not for others but us. Holding onto the anger will give us only pain. Forgiving the other person helps you to release the pain, grudge, and bitterness but don’t be blind of your past. Forgive to be a better person.
- Eliminate toxic people You might have gone through this situation!!!Few people use you for their needs but are unwilling to take up the responsibility neither do they change their behavior. When you come to know this truth of being used, abused repeatedly, you get tired and feel powerless to do anything.
Don’t worry! We learn lessons from old mistakes.
“It’s fine to celebrate success but it is important to heed the lessons of failure”- Bill Gates
Practice Discernment between good and bad in life. Next time when you feel somebody is expecting too much from you. Take a pause; decide on how to handle such people. Remember we can’t change others the way they behave but we always have power over our choices. It’s better to eliminate such toxic people to make a better tomorrow.
Surround yourself with positive people. Good friends are like gems in this life’s journey. Don’t be afraid to make friends until you know they are genuine. They’re always there beside you to guide and lead you in the right path.